Ph.D., Civil Engineering, Central Research Institute of Civil Structures (CNIISK), Russia.
M.S., Industrial and Civil Engineering, Civil Engineering University (MICI), Moscow, Russia.
American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
Stress Analyses of the Gas and Oil Pipelines, Including Onshore and Offshore ones, as well as Facility’s Piping
Construction Technical Supervision and Failure Investigation
Over 30 years of engineering experience, including over 10 years in the United State, in the pipeline research, design and construction for oil and gas industries.
Major discipline is complicated stress analyses. Harnessing commercial program CAESAR« and TRIFLEX«. Development of stress analyses software and design criteria for onshore and offshore pipelines. Experience includes the front-end and detail design of onshore transmission pipelines, offshore pipelines and risers, pipeline crossings, compressor and pump station piping, and mechanisms of pipeline failures. Specific project assignments have included site visits, investigation of pipeline failure, risk assessment, fields data gathering, design and design supervision, structural and mechanical design, specification preparation, bid evaluations, and field construction technical supervision.
RESUME(More Details of Experience)
PUBLICATIONS AND INVENTIONS
Two books, including the handbook, thirty papers, fifteen guidelines, five inventions
List of USA Publications:
- Changes proposed for determining line pipe wall thickness Oil & Gas Journal, Feb. 21,2005
- Method calculates SIF for branch piping connections Oil & Gas Journal, Sept. 15, 2003
- Pipeline on-bottom stability: design features of elastic sidebends Offshore July, 1998
- New method addresses W.T. in offshore pipeline design Oil & Gas Journal June 22, 1998
- New method determines effect of concrete coating on pipe-collapse pressure, Oil & Gas Journal, 95:43, 10/27/1997
- A Wall Thickness/Design Pressure Formulation: GIE Study, Superb Project and ASME Code Comparison @ Energy Week 1997, Pipelines, Terminal, and Storage Conference, Houston, Texas.
- More precise pipe wall calculations developed, Oil & Gas Journal, 94:18, 4/29/1996
- Nonlinear analysis method can improve pipeline design, Oil & Gas Journal, 94:13, 3/25/1996
- International Pipeline Design Code Comparisons and the Trend Towards Limit State Design @ Energy Week 1996, Pipelines, Terminal, and Storage Conference, Houston, Texas.
- Pipeline Design Method Can Reduce Wall Thickness, Costs, Oil & Gas Journal, February 20, 1995.
- FSU, U.S. Design Codes Differ on Key Points of Pressure Testing, Oil & Gas Journal, December 5, 1994.
- Knowing Design Codes Essential for Making and Specifying FSU Pipe, Oil & Gas Journal, July 11, 1994.
- Western and Former Soviet Union (FSU) Pipeline Code Comparisons with Examples from Projects in FSU @ Second International Conference, March 9, 1994, Vienna.
- FSU Pipeline Design Code Compared to U.S. Codes, Oil & Gas Journal, March 7, 1994.
- Stress Criteria of American Oil and Gas Pipeline Design Codes and Comparisons with Russian SNIP 2.05.06-85, "Gas Industry," #2, 1994.
- An Engineering Method for Tee Calculation Considering Internal Pressure and Bending Moments, "Pipeline Construction," #7, 1993.
Short List of Russian Publications:
The author of Chapter on Calculation of Strength and Stability for Transmission Pipelines, Russian Code SNIP 2.05.06-85.
"Calculation of Strength and Stability for Field and Transmission Pipelines," Handbook was published by NEDRA (Russia), Page 285, 1991, Moscow.
"Algorithm for Calculation of Pipeline Design in Frost-Heaved Soils under Condition of Ground Freezing Originating at the Top," VNIIST, 1986.
"Application of Numerical Methods to Underground Pipeline Calculations for the Influence of Temperature and Internal Pressure," VNIIST, 1976.
Guidelines for Using Computer Calculations for Main Design Parameters for Transmission Pipelines (Program KARAT.89), VNIIST, 1989.
Guidelines for Using Computer Calculations for Underground Pipelines Laid in Unstable Ground (Program PRS.86), VNIIST, 1987.
"Numerical Method of Calculation of Aboveground Axial Restrained Supported Pipeline System," VNIIST, 1980.